
Welp...we made it. Seventeen hours, one thousand sixty seven miles, and three different states but we made it!
Yesterday was the beginning of my 12 week stay in Texas. To help everyone catch up a little...I have taken the entire year off from going to college to work. I am working for a "local" construction company, J&S Construction, that has sent me and four others (Jimmy Smith, Scott Caudill, Marty Jackson, and Corey Jackson) to Kerrville, TX to pick up where another company, which unfortunately went bankrupt, left off. We're building a wildlife headquarters center.
The purpose of this blog is not only to keep friends and family informed that I'm ok (haha), but to invite you to be a part of what God has called me to. Since I became a Christian, almost 4 years ago, God has been doing A LOT in my life in the way of maturing me in the faith. For the sake of time I'll save the details for later blogs but to summarize, God has called me to "know Him and make Him known". I believe God wants to use me here in Texas to reach these 4 men for Him. He has already given me a ton of favor with these men and I am trusting Him to give me lots and lots of opportunities to share the Gospel with them. Please join me in praying for these men to die to themselves and follow Christ (Luke 9:23-25).
Tomorrow will be our first day on the job site.

No comments:
Post a Comment