Thursday, September 3, 2009

"Third [Day]'s a Charm"

Okay so I was really pumped to show off some of my Texas pictures BUT my camera cord is in Tennessee...sorry...I know, I'm just as disappointed as you haha.

Today was our third day at the job site and things are BUSY! There's so much to do and so little time. One of the head hanchos from J&S, Jack Stites, told us that he expects the originally 12 week job to be done in 8. No worries though. The crew that has been sent out here has some talented people that know how to "make it happen." I've heard through the grapevine when this job is completed there is another Texas job in the makings! Who knows, I might be in Texas til January. OH! and to clear something up from the last post...The 12, now 8, week job does have a few breaks in it. We will be flying back to Tennessee every three and a half weeks. Also there is no cellular service within 30 mins of the job site and even then it's roaming until about 10 mins from our hotel.

This week has already thrown some challenges my way in the spiritual aspects of things. My roommate, Scott, and I clash. Everything about us just doesn't jive. It is hard to love the guy. Please pray that my, literally, hate for him will turn to love.
Also, it is really hard to be encouraged and to encourage others. Everyone is, playfully, out to get each other all day but it is beginning to wear me down. Pray for me to find encouragement. Pray for me to be an encourager...all the time.

I have gotten to spend some one on one time with Corey Jackson. He's Marty's son, recent Upperman Highschool graduate, and he's pretty fun to be around. We've worked out together once and I've gotten to build a pretty solid relationship with him. Pray for this relationship to deepen and for him to see Christ living in me.

Thank you for partnering with me to advance God's Kingdom.

Christ is All,
Jacob

1 comment:

  1. Hey brother. Praying for you. Stay encouraged knowing that you are righteous in Christ and he will give you all the power you need to work hard and love others. He will surely not fail!! Love you lots and glad to pray for you and others while in Texas.

    ReplyDelete